More Hardcore Than Pico More Hardcore Than Pico

Well...

Firstly, and obviously (i would hope), this was probably not the best place to submit this movie. As you can see from the reviews, most people are morons and don't realise the logo at the end "www themoviesgame com" and that it was made using a video game. A video game, that, well... has limited capabilities as far as film making goes. On top of that, the reason why there was no blood was because it was a video game rated "Teen" and it wouldn't make any sense if there was any.

So, like said, the joke here is that you used a "Teen" rated video game to make a movie about school shootings, not something the makers probably expected, but also like said, most people here are idiots and don't realise that you didn't make these visuals and scripted sequences yourself, but you manage to make this entire thing with premade film sequences from the game. Amusing enough I suppose, but not logically placed on a place like Newgrounds. More people would appreciate the irony of this vid submitted on "The Movies" websites.

Clever, though. And I thought the bad voice acting actually added to the humor, which I'm sure you probably did on purpose.

Viper-Studios responds:

Ok I get 10s on reviews and its put on front page and your telling me I shouldnt have this on here?

The 10 Second Collab The 10 Second Collab

Hmm... okie dokie

Not bad, but definitly not good either. If this flash collab goes to show anything, it's that you apparently can't make a very funny animation with only 10 seconds on the clock. Well, atleast this group of artists can't. Kudos for the effort I guess.

Spookyville USA Spookyville USA

That was great

Really great man. I love the animation and the mix of satire and slapstick. The voicework between the two was also really well acted. I think the only real beef I had with it was the audio. Sound effects were all fine, but the voice audio was rather poor. Not speaking directly into the microphone would probably help.

Other than the minor gripe though, that was pretty awsome and look forward to more. Just made my favorites.

Why War? Why War?

Not bad

I guess it was kind of a neat message, and I liked the shadow sketches and animation. It really does need sound added though. Half a flash is sound, and without it, it really makes it bad. It also needs an end. Don't loop flashes.

Other than that, it wasn't too bad.

A Short Film About Memory A Short Film About Memory

Well...

I liked it I suppose. I'm not exactly sure why, but I did. I enjoyed your drawings, although your animation needs some serious work. The jumbled art you just pasted onto their faces for their mouth movements seriously started to get on my nerves after awhile.

The voice work obviously needs work, considering they were... well, for the most part all the same. Ironicly though, I think that's the only thing that made it humorous for me.

Obviously improvements are needed, but I still liked it for some bizarre reason.

Boy meets girl Boy meets girl

Not bad

For the visuals and style alone, this is a good submission pass. Short, and not particularly interesting (nor do we really know what's going on exactly).

It's really bad you didn't include any sound though. Sound is half of a flash, and the outcome can be very different as a result, for better or worse.

Kirby Dance Party 2 Kirby Dance Party 2

Hm

Your artwork seriously needs some work, if the drawing of that house was the extent of what you can do. However, obviously this doesn't apply if you're just going to be using sprites from a video game. However, if all your flash that you're going to get submitted is using video game sprites, you might want to consider doing a variety. Do other video games, not just Kirby. This lowers the style points big time, because it gets old after awhile.

New Jobs New Jobs

Hm, well

That was slightly painful to watch. I was getting some of the humor, and it almost cracked a smile durring his singing. Other than that most of needs a little improvement. Your fill-in-the-blank for no animation worked ok, but the mood and setting wasn't quite right.

I'd also easily say that half of what makes a good flash is the sound. While atleast you INCLUDED some audio, it was very poorly done. You need to keep the mic level to your mouth at all times. The volume of your voice kept going in and out, which leads me to believe you were moving around a lot while recording the dialogue.

It might get blammed, but I gave it a passing score for entry. You just need to improve on a few things (well, a lot of things) in future flash work.

HALF LIFE2 - Blow Me Away HALF LIFE2 - Blow Me Away

Very nicely done

Not the most amazing use of animation or flash, but I really liked all the artwork done, and the mood that was set with all the different recreated sequences from the game. Not particulary interesting, or entertaining. But for what it is, I enjoyed it.

Resi4Flash Preview Resi4Flash Preview

It was ok

Definitly a passing entry. The ending was pretty silly, and kinda made me smile. I'm not sure what you were trying to do though really. If that was a preview, I don't know what the heck it's previewing. Some zombie killing and some guy dancing? More explanation might help.

You really need to work on your sound, is the immediate thing that popped in my head. Your audio recording is way too quiet in comparison to the music. I'd have to blast my speakers to hear what the heck they were saying, and then immediatly turn them down when the music would kick in.

Otherwise, keep it up, and just work on it a bit more.

rgfunnyman responds:

Its a clip from the actual movie.